Tinplate is thin steel strip coated with tin. Depending on coating gauge per each side, it can be produced with either equal or differentiated thickness of coating.
Tinplate is offered in coils and sheets, according to standards
- GOST 13345-85 (USSR)
- GOST R 52204-2004 (Russia)
- EN 10202:2001 (European Union)
- ASTM A623/A623M-2016 (USA)
- JIS G3303-2017 (Japan)
|Miory Steel grade||Yield Strength (MPa)||GOST 13345||GOST К 52204|
|Miory Steel TS 230||TS 230||230 +/-50||T1|
|Miory Steel TS 245||TS 245||245 +/-50||A1||T2|
|Miory Steel TS 260||TS 260||260 +/-50||A2||T3|
|Miory Steel TS 275||TS 275||275 +/-50||A2||T4|
|Miory Steel TS 290||TS 290||290 +/-50||T5|
|Miory Steel TS 415||415 +/-50||B||T6|
|Miory Steel TS 435||435 +/-50||B/C|
|Miory Steel TS 520||520 +/-50||D||DR 520|
|Miory Steel TS 550||TS 550||550 +/-50||DR 550|
|Miory Steel TS 580||580 +/-50||DR 580|
|Miory Steel TS 620||620 +/-50||DR 620|
ADVANTAGES OF TINPLATE
- Proofing: Due to tinplate’s chemical composition, its application for packaging secures high level of protection against dirt, bacteria, moisture, light and odor. Tin coating protects steel from corrosion.
- Durability and impact resistance: With sound approach to package design, tinplate products show high strength properties, internal pressure shock resistance, air-tightness and impact resistance. These qualities improve protection during transportation and provide easy storage for all types of goods reducing costs for manufacturing and trading companies.
- Tolerance: Tinplate is resistant to solvents (primarily, to organic ones), that is why it is suitable for packaging of chemically active substances (lacquers, paints, solvents, etc.).
- Ecological safety: The tinplate package is recycble.
- Tinplate properties enable application of lithography (widely used for beverage can making), embossing and engraving.
The major consumer of tinplate is food canning industry, where it is used for production of tin cans and closures. Further, tinplate is used for production of aerosol cans and package for paintwork materials and petrochemical products.
COATING AND FINISHES
|Coating weights for tin, g/m² (one side)|
|EN 10202||JIS G3303|
- The above coatings are available for equal or differential coating.
- Marking for differential coatings in accordance with Euronorm, alternative markings on request
- Other tin coatings on request
Chromium passivation for tinplate:
|Passivation||Code||Coating weights, mg/m² (one side)|
|Chemical||300||1 – 3|
|Electrochemical||311||3,5 – 9|
|fine stone||FS||0,25 – 0,45|
|stone||ST||0,35 – 0,60|
|heavy stone||HS||0,50 – 0,90|